Living the life of an entrepreneur requires a special mindset, you need ambition, dedication, hard work and motivation. Sometimes you need a lot of motivation, especially when things don’t go to plan and the going is tough.
Being an entrepreneur can also be a lonely existence if you are a one-person business.
With all of the above in mind, we have put together 100 inspirational entrepreneurship quotes for you to refer to and keep you motivated when things just don’t seem to be going your way.
We hope you enjoy this list and it motivates you to be successful. If you have a motivational quote that is not on the list, but you would like to share it with other like-minded entrepreneurs, please add it to the comment section below.
1. Use your strengths and hire your weaknesses.
2. Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.
3. You never fail until you stop trying.
4. Sometimes you WIN, sometimes you LEARN.
5. Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and success will naturally follow.
6. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
7. The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty……it is REFILLABLE!
8. Done is better than perfect.
9. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
10. If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want 10 years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want 100 years of prosperity, grow people.
11. Only the paranoid survive.
12. You have to have the courage to follow your dreams because there will always be obstacles you have to face before you reach your dream.
13. It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
14. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
15. Many people want to change their financial situation but aren’t willing to change their choices… and this ultimately changes nothing.
16. Be thankful for what you have. You’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
17. Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.
18. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else.
19. The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.
20. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
21. If you can dream it, you can do it.
22. Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.
23. Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.
24. You have to believe it before you see it.
25. It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
26. Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.
27. Be so good they can’t ignore you.
28. Whatever the bad situation right now, it will just pass by, don’t just give up.
29. I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
30. Every problem is a gift – without problems, we would not grow.
31. Our chief want in life, is someone who shall make us do what we can. This is the service of a friend. With him, we are easily great.
32. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.
33. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
34. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel.
35. Remember why you started.
36. You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.
37. We overestimate how much we can accomplish in a day, and we underestimate how much we can do in a year.
38. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.
39. There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.
40. If you want something done, give it to the busiest person in the office.
41. Always deliver more than expected.
42. An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.
43. There are two types of people in life: Entrepreneurs, and people who work for entrepreneurs.
44. Nothing will work unless you do.
45. No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.
46. A life without a passion has no solid foundation, always remember why you started.
47. Some people dream of success while other people get up every morning and make it happen.
48. A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
49. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
50. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
51. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
52. If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working for someone that does.
53. It inspires me that “doing” takes a lot of hard work but its worth it in the end.
54. Lean in, speak out, have a voice in your organization, and never use the word, ‘sorry’.
55. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
56. Age is of no importance unless you’re a cheese.
57. Get to work… and you’ll likely find that magical idea hiding in your blood, sweat, and tears.
58. Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.
59. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with dust and sweat; who strives valiantly, who errs and may fall again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming.
60. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.
61. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait, the grip of your hand and the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.
62. The most successful entrepreneurs I know are optimistic. It’s part of the job description.
63. To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business and your business in your heart.
64. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
65. I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
66. All lasting business is built on friendship.
67. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
68. Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision. And relentlessly drive it to completion.
69. Success is defined in units of fun. It’s all about being happy.
70. You will be defined not just by what you achieve, but by how you survive.
71. Never go to business purely to make money. If that’s the motive you’re better off doing nothing.
72. A good idea has all that it needs to grow and to prosper. Nurture it.
73. It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
74. It’s all about faith & believing the evidence that is seen with your heart and not your eyes.
75. Happy employees lead to happy customers, which leads to more profits.
76. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
77. Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.
78. Being happy never goes out of style.
79. I find it best to dive right in and learn the hard way.
80. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails.
81. Your ability to attract, evaluate, and forge strong working relationships with co-founders, early employees, and investors often mean the difference between failure and success.
82. Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose.
83. Never underestimate the power of a t-shirt.
84. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
85. Love everyone, trust a few and paddle your own canoe!
86. The transition strategies are more important than understanding what the outcome state will be.
87. To know if someone is trustworthy, listen to what they say, then watch what they do. Do their words and actions match?
88. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.
89. Knowledge without action is meaningless.
90. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.
91. What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.
92. You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.
93. Trying to do it all and expecting it all can be done exactly right is a recipe for disappointment. Perfection is the enemy.
94. If failure is not an option, then neither is success.
95. The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.
96. Winners never quit and quitters never win.
97. If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.
98. Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
99. Life’s too short to learn from your own mistakes. So learn from others.
100. Speak less than you know; have more than you show.
Quotes Credit: All rights and credits reserved to the respective owners(s).