Grant Cardone is an American entrepreneur who is known throughout the world for his business and leadership training programs and courses. He is a tutor and guest speaking on a variety of subjects including, investing, sales techniques, entrepreneurship and business.
Many publications have reported his net worth to be around $300 million dollars. However, in an interview, Grant Cardone disclosed that his net worth is over £2.6 billion dollars.
He states the source of his wealth is from his many income streams including Real Estate investing, sales training programmes, social media marketing, his courses on entrepreneurship, sales of his best selling books and as mentioned above, his guest speaking engagements.
Grant Cardone was born on March 21, 1958 in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Grant has a twin brother named Gary and three other siblings.
He attended LaGrange High School in Lake Charles and then the McNeese State University where he graduated in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting.
Grant has freely admitted that whilst at school, he was constantly getting into trouble and frequently being suspended.
As a child, Grant’s father, Curtis Louis Cardone, would take him on visits to real estate properties as family outings. These frequent trips sparked an interest in real estate and from the age of 15, Grant started seriously studying the market and real estate process.
His career journey
Upon leaving college, Grant did not start a career in accounting as expected, instead he took a sales postion with a company in Chicago.
Over the following years, Grant travelled widely across the United States and spent time living in Texas and California.
However, his bad boys ways had not left him and he developed a drug problem and entered a rehab centre when he was 25.
During his struggle with addiction in his early 20s, he also suffered joblessness. However, he finally got back on his feet after rehab and landed a job in the automotive sales market and went on to become the CEO of Freedom Motorsports Group Inc.
By the age of 29, he had saved up enough money to purchase his first property. He acquired a single-family home and rented it out. After a few months, the property venture failed after the tenants left and he had no rent coming in from the property, he, unfortunately, had to sell it.
This whole experience taught him a valuable lesson though – Never depend on one tenant for cash flow!
He continued to save money and strategized for about five years before buying another property. This time, he bought a multifamily complex in San Diego. The property did relatively well and just a month later, he acquired another similar property. This became a trend for Cardone and by 2012, Cardone Capital owned 1,016 apartments totalling $58 million.
Cardon is currently the proud owner of Cardone Enterprises, Cardone Real Estate Holdings, and the Cardone Group. His companies reportedly own over $500 million worth of investment properties throughout the United States.
He has also sold sales programs to thousands of companies. He actively works as a sales trainer to CEOs, Leaders, Managers, and fellow entrepreneurs.
Cardone also boasts of being an international social media influencer and a bestselling author. His book “If You’re Not First, You’re Last” was a number one best seller on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles, it also made the Wall Street Journal’s and The New York Times bestseller lists.
Grant is also the proud author of The 10X Rule and the creator of 21 best-selling business programs acquired by entrepreneurs from around the world.
He is also the founder of the 10X movement and the 10X Growth Conference. This is the largest business and entrepreneur conference in the world. Forbes named Cardone the #1marketer to watch in its Magazine.
The basis of the 10X Rule is, once you have figured out what you want to do and how to achieve it, you need to multiply the effort it will take to get there by 10.
Grant is quoted as saying about the 10x Rule; “This is the focus of the rules: You must set targets that are 10 times what you think you want and then do 10 times what you think it will take to accomplish those targets.”
Grant Cardone has a vast social media following. His message to his followers and numerous clients is always to make success their responsibility and obligation.
He teaches his followers to rise from challenges and limitations as he did in his early twenties to become the powerhouse that he currently is.
It is worth mentioning that Cardone also had a short-lived career as a television personality. He had a show on National Geographic called Tunaround King in 2011.
In the show, he utilized his skills and techniques in helping struggling entrepreneurs and business owners to revive their businesses.
Grant Cardone Quotes
- Wake up! No one is going to save you. No one is going to take care of your family or your retirement. No one is going to “make things” work out for you. The only way to do so is to utilise every moment of every day at 10x levels.
- A person who limits his or her potential success will limit what he or she will do to create it and keep it.
- Success for anyone or any group is ultimately a positive contribution to all people and all groups as it provides validation of the possibilities to all.
- Your greatness is limited only by the investments you make in yourself.
- If the people around you are giving you advice to slow down or to take it easy – you are surrounded by the wrong people.
- Taking massive action means making somewhat unreasonable choices and then following these up with even more action. This level of action will be considered by some to be borderline insane, well beyond the agreed-upon social norm—and will always create new problems. But remember: If you don’t create new problems, then you’re not taking enough action.
- Almost every problem people face in their careers and other aspects of their lives – such as failed diets, marriages, and financial problems – are the result of not taking enough action.
- Your family is depending on you. There’s no better reason to bring all your game all the time.
- Success is not something that happens to you. It’s something that happens because of you and because of the actions that you take.
- Show up early, treat people with respect and perform at the highest levels till the world can’t deny you.
Grant Cardone has been married to Spanish born actress Elena Lyons since 2004. The couple has two daughters, Scarlett and Sabrina.
In 2015, Grant bought a Gulfstream G200 private jet for $8 million. He now owns a Dassault Falcon X private jet.
Grant is a member of the Church of Scientology.